Connecting to an External Print Server
If you’ve already installed the printer software and you want to connect
to JetDirect port:
1. Insert the HP JetDirect CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. If the
installation program does not run automatically, launch Explorer
and locate the file.
2. Select the option to install JetAdmin and follow the instructions on
3. After completing the Jet Admin install,
HP DeskJet 1220C
in the Printers folder.
4. Click the right mouse button and select
5. Select the
tab, and click
6. Select a new JetDirect port and assign it to the printer.
This section describes the features of your new printer, such as tiling, and
the available imaging options, such as converting to grayscale. For
detailed procedures on how to use features, see the online help.